You agree to use this website only for lawful purposes. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of our site, render the site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the site or any of its content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the content, or to attempt to access any content that is not intended for you. You agree not to use the site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
All intellectual property rights in the name “Cafédirect” and the content of this website is owned by or licensed to Cafédirect, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent. You may use our website for private and personal non-commercial use only – i.e. to view, copy and print portions of these pages for the sole purpose of placing orders for our products. The content, including any trade or other marks and copyright, may not be used for any other purpose.
Unless otherwise specified, the content of this website, and any products referred to are directed solely at those who access this website from the UK. Cafédirect make no representation that any products or services referred to in the content of this website are available outside the UK. Those who choose to access this site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The use by you of this website is conditional upon your acceptance of these terms and conditions.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.cafedirect.co.uk and related microsites – our “websites” – are sites operated by Cafedirect Plc (we). We are registered in Scotland as company number SC141496. Our registered office is 115 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4JN. Our main trading address is The Roastery, Unit 4 Bayford Street Industrial Unit, Bayford Street, London, E8 3SE.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our site may contain links to other websites which are provided as a convenience to you. Such links do not constitute or imply any endorsement or recommendation of any third party site or its content. If you access other sites using the links provided you will leave the site and will be subject to the policies applicable to those sites, which may differ from ours.
Unless specifically authorized by Cafédirect, you may not connect “deep links” to the site, i.e. create links to this site that bypass the home page or other parts of the site. You may not mirror or frame the home page or any other pages of this site on any other website or web page and you must not seek to use any link to infer any affiliation with Cafédirect.
If you want to share the content on our site with your friends, please use the sharing tools provided.
You are permitted to print and download extracts from the website for your own use on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on the website are modified in any way;
- no graphics on the website are used separately from the corresponding text; and
- our copyright and trademark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors.
For the purposes of this legal notice, any use of extracts from the website other than in accordance with these terms and conditions for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the terms in this legal notice, your permission to use the website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the website.
Subject to these terms and conditions, no part of the website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved.
While we endeavour to ensure that the website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
VISITOR MATERIAL AND CONDUCT
- that’s threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
You may not misuse the website (including, without limitation, by hacking). We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing the company to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these terms and conditions.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
We will determine, with discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms and conditions through your use of our site. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate which may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these terms and conditions. The responses described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms and conditions may also be superseded by provisions, notices or terms published elsewhere on our site.
If you believe any content posted by another user is in breach of these terms or in any other way infringes your rights, you can send us a formal notice (a “moderation notice”):
A moderation notice should be sent either:
- by post: to our current registered office, marked for the attention of “The Legal Department”; or
- by email: to [email protected].
The moderation notice should include details of:
- the date, time and listing of the comment(s)/content concerned;
- the action that you wish us to take in respect of the comment(s)/content; and
- the basis on which the action requested is requested (e.g. alleging it to be defamatory, abusive or otherwise in breach of these terms).
On receipt of the moderation notice, we shall, in most circumstances:
- immediately suspend the comment(s)/content concerned;
- commence an investigation into it/them; and
- contact the user(s) concerned:
with a copy of your moderation notice;
- giving them an opportunity to make representations to us in connection with their comment(s)/content and any points you made in your moderation notice; and requesting that they respond to us within 21 days.
- If we do not receive a response from the user(s) within 21 days, we will permanently delete the relevant comment(s)/content.
- Once we have received a response from the user(s), we will take a decision within 21 days on whether to reinstate the comment(s)/content, permanently delete it/them or keep it/them suspended pending further investigation.
- Once we have taken our decision, we will notify you and the user(s) concerned as soon as possible. When notifying you of the decision, we will attach a copy of the user(s)’ representations (if any), redacted to protect their identity.
- For the purposes of openness and fairness, we will send copies of all relevant correspondence addressed to it to all parties, again redacted where appropriate to protect the user(s)’ identity.
OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
LAW AND JURISDICTION
This website, its content and any contract brought into being as a result of usage of this website, will be governed by English Law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. All contracts are concluded in English.