PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING THE COMPETITION. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE CONDITIONS.
- Cafédirect plc, which has its registered office at 4th Floor, 115 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 4JN, registered as company number 141496 in Scotland (the “Promoter”), is holding a competition entitled “Win a trip to Machu Picchu, Peru” (the “Competition”) from 1st February 2019 to 31st October 2019 via the Promoter’s website at URL: https://www.cafedirect.co.uk
- In these terms and conditions (“Conditions”), entrants to the Competition are referred to as “Participants” or “you”.
- Participants must: i) be aged 18 years and over; ii) be residents of the UK or Ireland; iii) not be employees of the Promoter and their immediate families or household members, or anyone professionally connected with the Competition; iv) winner must hold a passport, valid for 12 months or more from the date of submitting an Entry (as defined below), with two clear pages; v) winners must own a credit card (for the purposes of guarantee upon hotel check-in as set out in paragraph 19 if required).
- There are 211 prizes on offer: 1 grand prize of a holiday to Peru (the “Grand Prize”) and 10 x 1 year’s supply of Machu Picchu, 100 x 1 Huskup cups and 100 x 1 V60 starter kits (the “Runners Up Prizes”) as described in paragraphs 16 and 17 below (together, the “Prizes”).
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary. Entry to the Competition takes place through the Competition application form (the “Application Form”) which is available on the Cafédirect website (www.cafedirect.co.uk)
- To enter the Competition, you must fully complete and submit the Application Form (an “Entry”). No other means of entry is available. You may enter the Competition only once. Should you submit more than one Entry, only your first Entry will be considered.
- Only Entries received between 00.01 on 1st February 2019 and 23.59 on 30th September 2019 (the “Closing Date”) will be considered. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be processed.
- Only Entries received by the Promoter will be considered. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for late or lost Entries, including (without limitation) those due to delays or malfunctions of the internet; misdirected Entries; any problems, delays or technical malfunctions of any telephone, broadband or other network or of lines, computer online systems, servers, computers, or other equipment or software; or any damage to the Participant’s or any other person’s computer, other equipment or software resulting from participation in the Competition.
- The Promoter shall not consider any Entry or Entries that it (at its sole discretion) considers to be: i) from any agent, third party, or consumer group; ii) bulk entries from individuals; iii) of an obscene, provocative, inappropriate, offensive or otherwise objectionable nature; and/or not compliant with applicable laws.
- By submitting an Entry, Participants assign to the Promoter (with full title guarantee and free from all third party rights) all intellectual property rights and all other rights in the Entry and Participants shall, promptly at the Promoter’s request, do (or procure to be done) all such further acts and things and the execution of all such other documents as the Promoter may from time to time require for the purpose of securing for the Customer the full benefit of this paragraph 11, including all right, title and interest in and to such intellectual property rights and other rights assigned to the Promoter. By submitting an Entry, Participants waive any moral rights in the Entry to which they are now or may be at any future time entitled under Chapter IV of Part I of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any similar provisions of law in any jurisdiction.
- Participants agree not to submit any data in an Entry which infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party and Participants shall indemnify the Promoter against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other reasonable professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the Promoter arising out of or in connection with any breach of paragraph 11.
- The Winner and Runners Up will be contacted by email via the email address provided in their Entry (a “Notification Email”). The Winner and Runners Up will be announced on the Promoter’s Facebook Page on 1st October 2019. The Winner’s name will also be posted as part of the Promoter’s status update on the Facebook Page. A hard copy of the names of the Winner and Runners Up names can also be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address set out in paragraph 29 on or after 30th September 2019.
- The Winner must provide written confirmation of their acceptance of the Grand Prize within 14 calendar days of the date the Notification Email is sent. If, within 14 calendar days of the date the Promoter sends a Notification Email to the Winner, the Winner does not contact the Promoter to claim the Grand Prize and/or cannot be contacted by the Promoter following the Promoter’s reasonable efforts to contact them using the details that Participant provided in their Entry, that Entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may choose a new Winner.
- Notwithstanding paragraph 14, the Promoter may cancel the winning of a Prize at its sole discretion and without prior notice if:
- it does not receive confirmation of acceptance of a Prize from the Winner or a Runner Up within 14 calendar days of sending the relevant Winner or Runner Up a Notification Email; or
- if the shipping of such Prize to the address stated by the Winner or Runner Up is unsuccessful, and the Promoter fails to obtain the necessary information to deliver the Prize successfully following reasonable efforts.
In such cases the relevant Winner or Runner Up will not be entitled to any compensation or an alternative Prize.
- The Grand Prize
- 15.1.The Grand Prize is provided by Pura Aventura Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with Company No. 3840986 which has its registered office at 18 Bond Street, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 1RD, on behalf of the Promoter and comprises a trip to Peru for 2 people (at least one must be aged 18 or over), including: i) return flights from London in economy class; ii) all ground transfers in Peru; iii) 3* hotel accommodation for 10 nights, and 2 nights’ accommodation in a local family house; iv) guided visits in the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and Cusco; v) a visit to the Cafédirect coffee co-operative subject to availability.
- 15.2.The Grand Prize is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Pura Aventura Limited relating to participation in the Grand Prize (including, but not limited to, any booking conditions and conditions of travel [https://www.pura-aventura.com/about-us/terms-and-conditions] ) and any other terms and conditions imposed by any other suppliers, airlines, providers of transportation and/or any venues or attractions involved in the Grand Prize (including, without limitation, all health and safety guidelines and instructions) and, in accepting the Grand Prize, the Winner acknowledges and agrees to comply with and abide by (and shall procure that their guest complies with and abides by): i) any such terms and conditions; and ii) all applicable laws and legal and regulatory requirements in all relevant jurisdictions. Pura Aventura Limited’s relevant terms and conditions [https://www.pura-aventura.com/about-us/terms-and-conditions] or can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the address set out in paragraph 15.1
- 15.3.Final details of the Grand Prize will be provided to the Winner upon receipt by the Provider of written acceptance of the Grand Prize by the Winner in accordance with paragraph 14. The Grand Prize is subject to availability and may not be taken on certain dates to be notified to the Winner by the Promoter. The Promoter will attempt in good faith to provide the Grand Prize at a time convenient to the Winner but accepts no liability where it fails to do so. Any travel pursuant to the Grand Prize must be completed by no later than 31st October 2020.
- 15.4.Participants acknowledge that, should they win the Grand Prize, they and their guest must arrange their own inoculations, obtain travel insurance and hold a valid visa and other necessary documentation for the duration of any travel pursuant to the Grand Prize and that the Promoter is not liable for any failure to obtain such inoculations, insurance, visas and/or other documentation. This is a holiday which takes place at altitudes of between 2,500 and 4,000m. Although we acclimatise you as gently as possible, if you have any known medical conditions which might be impacted by high altitude, please seek professional advice
- The Runners up Prizes consist of 10 x 1 year’s supply of Machu Picchu (12 x 1 227g Machu Picchu), 100 x 1 Huskup cups and 100 x 1 V60 starter kits.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Grand Prize is limited to that described at clause 15 above and excludes all other costs, including (but not limited to) any additional accommodation, travel/transportation costs, car hire, UK transfers, ground transportation, parking costs, any inoculation and/or vaccination costs, hotel supplementary charges, excursions, water sports, spa treatments, telephone calls, room service, mini-bar goods, alcohol, programmes, souvenirs and incidental costs unless otherwise agreed in advance in writing by the Promoter or its agents.
- Participants acknowledge that the Winner may be required to present a credit card upon check-in at any accommodation for the purposes of a guarantee for any incidentals, room service and other charges incurred by the Winner or their guest which are not included in the Grand Prize for which the Winner will be solely liable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. Prizes are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable supplier and/or operator where relevant. Prizes must be accepted “as is” or declined. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged for another article or cash value, including upgrades/changes to flights and accommodation.
- If the Winner’s guest is under 18, they will require written parental/guardian consent to accompany the Winner.
- Passport control and in-country authorities may reserve the right to refuse entry. If the Winner and/or their guest are refused passage and/or entry or exit to or from any country being visited, any additional costs incurred will be their sole responsibility.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The Promoter has the right to update these terms and conditions at any time. By submitting an Entry you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. Please note that the terms of a promotion should only be changed in very limited circumstances, the ASA is likely to uphold complaints about this.
- The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, defer, alter or cancel this Competition (including, without limitation, the prizes offered) if it considers in its sole discretion that circumstances demand it and shall not be held liable for this on any grounds whatsoever.
- The winner agrees to take part in publicity in connection with this promotion.
- Subject to paragraph 28, the Promoter expressly disclaims any responsibility for any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in the Competition (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss), and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the Prizes awarded (including without limitation, any travel and activity related thereto).
- Nothing in these Conditions shall exclude the liability of Promoter, its agents and employees for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or employees.
- Any dispute, complaint or request for information concerning the Competition should be addressed to Cafédirect plc, 21 Whiston Road, London E2 8EX and must be so submitted within 90 calendar days following the Closing Date of the Competition.
- A hard copy of these Conditions can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the following address by the Closing Date: Cafédirect plc, 21 Whiston Road, London E2 8EX.
- These Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to their interpretation or execution that cannot be settled amicably must be brought before the competent English courts, unless you live in another part of the UK or in Ireland, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
All eligible entries will be entered into the prize draw. The winners will be selected via a randomised computer process/by an independent adjudicator.